Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Leaving Home

I am proud to say that I am well on my way to becoming a home owner. An OWNER! Granted, it's a condo, so it's considered "shared" ownership, but that's fine as long as my neighbors don't steal my bath towels.

The idea of owning and living alone in my own little house is totally foreign. Growing up with four older sisters and a younger brother, sharing was a virtue. An enforced virtue. My brother and I shared a bed until I was 6, then a room until I was 9. And my sisters and I still share clothes.

While I will miss the company that comes with family at my parent's house, there is also a peace that I feel I have been seeking for quite some time. The peace to leave the house without being asked where I am going, or to buy Go-Gurt with my own money.

I'll probably miss the comaraderie, and the free food. But I think I'm ready to bond-o with my condo.

1 comment:

beckmarsh said...

Hooray for personal go-gurt! Glad your car is ok and, for that matter, that you are ok, and BTW, I love the picture you have on your profile.