So the aforementioned wig party went off like Uncle Jim's toupee.
All the friends got way into it, and everyone brought a wig or chose from the collection of 7 I had on display.
Seriously had no idea everyone would support this theme! I always thought my little wig hobby was weird at best.
But Wig Party II is already in the works. I would highly recommend this as a very cheap theme party.
Oh, and I went with some super fun hair-themed items to serve: bell peppers stuffed with angel hair pasta, braided bread sticks and beehive hair do cupcakes.
Friday, March 13, 2009
So I'm having a wig party tomorrow night. Everyone must have a wig to get through the door. Then we'll play rock band. I am looking for some suggestions on what to serve. Powdered wig donuts?
Meanwhile, I happened across this tip sheet on howtodothings.com:
How to throw a wig party
- Determine how you will include the wigs. You must begin thinking about how you are going to incorporate the wigs into your party or activity early in the event planning stage. Ask yourself the following questions:
Will I provide the wigs or will I ask guests to bring their own?
Will I offer any prizes or awards for the best wig worn at the wig party?
- Let people know wigs are a must. Make it extremely clear in your invitations that wigs are mandatory at your wig party. Nothing kills the vibe at a wig party like anything less than 100% wig wearing participation.
- Organize your party or event just like you would any other normal event. The beauty of the wig party is that it is so simple but it adds a lot of fun and it tends to take a normal party to another level of fun.
- Stir up some excitement. A few days before the wig party, email or share some good photos of either yourself the host in a great wig or some other good photo of people in wigs to get the excitement brewing.
- Throw the wig party. Be sure to answer the door as the host wearing your wig and keep your wig on at all times during the event. A host's commitment to the wig theme is crucial in building and sustaining the level of fun that is possible during a wig party.
Posted by Lindsay at 11:34 AM