Over the 4th of July, we headed up to a campground near Knoll Lake. It takes a 45 minute drive in what basically amounts to piles of rocks, but the bumpy dirtiness was worth it! We got the last open space with a site near a trail leading to the lake.
I must say that we did SO WELL this time around:
- Brought the air mattress.
- Remembered the pump.
- Got brave and brought a propane stove (I have this little fear of things blowing up...hehe nervous laughter).
- Cooked eggs, grilled cheese sandwiches, sausage and hot dogs.
- Read two books that I've read before
- Had plenty of cold drinks
This camping trip was fab. Of course I want to go again, but I know I always say that and then it never happens. If we do go again, I am going to advocate for bringing some kind of boat or floatation device. We always stay by lakes but never really benefit. I was thinking maybe an inflatable kayak? Or can we just use the air mattress?