Summer is coming up, and it's going to be my first as a real adult. That means no time off. Previous summers included snorkeling in Key West, tooling around Payson in my Volvo and serving steaks - "No Rules" style. But this summer will be different. As a full-time employee, I only have a few days of vacation every year. No three-week chunks of free time. (*aside - why did I think I was so busy in college? Every three months I had at least a month of vacation)
So what can I do to make the summer more beachy-keen? Here's some ideas:
* set up a beach umbrella over my desk - to help protect me from the harmful rays of a 1990s Mac
* Bring in my steel drum for a lunchtime luau
* construct a hammock out of paper clips
* put a little paper umbrella in my vending machine Coke Zero
* hang up post cards of all the exotic places I've been - el paso, tucson, birmingham, etc
Ahh. Already feels more like summer.