Tuesday, September 28, 2010

House by Hoarders

Thanks to a new addiction to HGTV and Hoarders, J place has seen a little facelift.

First came the curtains. It never occurred to me how ugly our sliding door had become (try to ignore all the junk on the table):

With some basic white curtains from Wal-Mart for less than $20, we still get light but no ugly tinting in view:

Next came a much-needed upgrade for our TV, DVD player, cable box and Tivo. Our old TV stand was a holdover from T's bachelor apt days:


$200 at Ikea later, our entertainment is a little more grown up:



And finally, we converted our old coat closet (aka junk closet) into a fully functional mail center. We no longer dump the mail on the kitchen counter or lose bills. We do need something in that little vacant space, so shoot me your ideas:

I'm thinking I need to take a break from all this TV, or I will 1) go broke 2) become some kind of crazy OCD lady who is terrified of becoming a Hoarder.

No comments: