Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Bad Biscuit, Marathon Spellcheck and other things

This morning, out of pure laziness, I ate a sausage biscuit that looked like it had been under the warmer for way too long. I didn't really want to eat it, but the deli is four floors away, so I took my chances. I'm assuming I will regret it.

Not many know this, but I share an office with a coworker and a string of octogenarian volunteers. There is a different person every morning and afternoon. They come in to use the computer. Most of the time they are barely noticeable, and one of them even brought me fruitcake. But every once in a while, I get called upon to serve as IT support. Most of the time, the problem is that they accidentally opened Excel and they don't know what to do, or they clicked off the document and can't understand what happened.

But today it got a little irritating. A very nice and wrinkled lady - skin like a leather handbag thanks to lots of tanning I assume - had me sit with her to go through every single spell check finding. There were many extra spaces and misspellings such as "terrior."

Maybe it was the sausage biscuit. But it was getting on my nerves a bit. Luckily she has gone to tool about.

On a lighter note, a friend of mine is lending me a tiara/headband for my wedding and it's sitting right here at my desk. Very pretty with pearls and silver leaves. Thanks much to Jenna for her generous loan. It will go so very well with another loan, a lovely pearl necklace worn by Beckbot at her own wedding, the first in our family. I still remember going with her and Evan to help take pictures (I was probably 12) and feeling very special.

No comments: