Monday, September 01, 2008

Happiest Race on Earth


Yesterday my good friend Catharyn and I ran the Disneyland Half Marathon in Anaheim. It was wonderful! The path took us through the actual park, where we were greeted by Pinocchio, Buzz Lightyear, Belle and the Beast, Alice and the Mad Hatter and many more.

The medals are awesome, too. Golden Disney castles. I plan on wearing mine for the next month.

The only disappointment was the time. I finished my last half marathon, PF Chang's, in 2:25 (two hours 25 minutes). This one was 2:47, due to the several times we actually had to come to a dead stop during the race because the running path was too narrow and we had to wait to get through.

But aside from that small setback, we had a great time and I would definitely do it again!

3 comments:

Noah said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing you out at the P.F. Chang's again in January. Although I'll be doing the full this time. ;)

Lindsay said...

Let me just say how impressed that you even sign up for something like this! That is amazing. Although I bet I could run to my mailbox if I REALLY set my mind to it :)

beckmarsh said...

I still think your time is awesome. My time would be about 6 hours and I'd have to have a Coke I.V. rolling along with me.