Saturday, June 07, 2008
The quarter life crisis
Well, it happened. I turned 25 on Monday. Quarter of a century. The Arizona quarter was released on my birthday. How appropo.
I've had two parties - both were raging successes. And, as usual, everyone was way too generous with the gifts and just made it an absolute blast. I am truly blessed to have such friends and family as this.
As usual on my birthday, I like to reflect on the past year and what I've accomplished. Or not. I was looking at what I posted last year, which was a list of things I wanted to do. Of all the things - getting closer to being debt free, publish three freelance articles, win an award, get a passport, run another half marathon - I only did one or two.
Since this time last year:
- Visited Boston and Washington, DC for the first time
- ran my second half marathon
- quit my job and got a better one
- remodeled my bathroom
- did NOT publish three freelance articles, win a journalism award or get a passport. I guess the new job will help me get debt-free, so that counts.
By next year, I want to:
- remodel my kitchen
- run a full marathon
- get a passport and make plans for international travel
- get involved in charity work
- take a web design class
- hire a Spanish tutor
Anyone else have some good life goal ideas? I'm taking suggestions.
Posted by Lindsay at 8:30 AM