Friday, February 01, 2008

one thing I HATE SO MUCH

Tonight I ran into someone I see from time to time. Someone I met in high school. We worked at the zoo together. We went to a Blink 182 concert together. He criticized me for driving my mom's van too fast. I have seen him at other events. So in other words, he's an acquaintance, right?

Well apparently that's wrong. He had no idea who I was. Didn't know my name, barely showed recognition that we'd met before.

And it kills me. Because, you see, this is something that happens ALL THE TIME. People I have met before completely forgetting me. Tell me the truth - is it my face? Do I just have a forgettable face?

Ruined my night. I could barely enjoy my overpriced tiramisu.

2 comments:

Brian Indrelunas said...

Awww... How could someone not/barely recognize you?

Maybe that guy's been suffering from amnesia after a nasty fall from something tall, like Manzy or the Chase tower.

beckmarsh said...

Better than something I get more often than I'd like to admit: the SNUB, as in I've been in your home, had a conversation with you, BABYSAT YOUR BRATTY KIDS, and you pretend you don't see me and/or don't return my greeting. Jerks.