Sunday, December 30, 2007

Looks like mom's gettin a box of Omaha steaks!

Diamond Auto Glass has a commercial out right now where some kids are playing baseball and it hits a windshield. The gimmick is that with a new windshield you get a box of Omaha steaks. Aside: Is it weird to be getting meat from your windshield guy? I guess the only meat I associate with windshields is road kill.

Anyhoo, it reminded me of a time when Dallace and I were playing softball in our backyard and we sent one right through a kitchen window. No adults heard it, so we just took the softball from where it had lodged itself and went to the front yard.

Later my mom found out somehow - did we tell her? can't remember - and got so mad at us for just taking the ball out and continuing to play. I felt pretty sheepish, but on the other hand I didn't really see any reason to stop playing. Minor setback, right?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

haha, that's hilarious. That reminds me of when I was a kid and woke up really early and found a pair of scissors. I cut my hair really short, and being the brilliant child that I was, I thought that if I just picked up all the hair and put it in the garbage, no one would know what I had done. haha...it's funny how our little childhood brains work!